3 of the Smallest Smart TV Sets for 2019
Bigger isn’t always better, and that is definitely the case when it comes to small Smart TVs. In fact, these days the smaller models actually come with just as many benefits as larger TVs have, if not more, with the space saving capability sitting atop the list of reasons to consider a small TV over a larger one.
And now, with the smart tv market growing by the day, it seems logical to not only opt for a small TV that won’t take up much space in your home, but to also select one that comes with a range of functionalities that allow you to do away with the need for cables and wires everywhere.
As with any TV, there are a few things that you should consider when it comes to selecting the right smart TV for your home or office.
- The Size – You need to consider both the size of the area that your TV will be located in and the size of the TV set itself. Even small smart TVs vary in size and shape, so you’ll need to keep this in mind when it comes to shopping for your next set.
- The Positioning – These days most small TVs come with a detachable stand, allowing you to choose between mounting it on a wall or standing it on something. Not every model will come with this option though, so it’s worth considering where you’d like the TV to go before purchasing a TV that you want to be freestanding but that does not come with a stand.
- The Resolution – The more pixels, the sharper the display. It’s as simple as that. While few small TVs are going to be able to boast of the same high resolution of a considerably larger TV, it’s still important to bear in mind that the resolutions will differ from model to model. That being said, if you’re buying a small TV then it might not be worth investing in a 4K resolution because it won’t be as noticeable on such a small screen.
- The Features – While most smart TVs now come with apps that allow you to stream easily from Netflix and Amazon Prime, it’s worth checking exactly what apps you will be able to use before deciding on a TV. And, if there is a certain app you’d like to make use of, don’t just assume that it will be available as the apps vary from model to model.
- Your Budget – Small TVs are cheaper than bigger ones, it’s a simple fact but even so the prices of the smaller sets can still vary quite drastically from one another. Don’t be put off considering an older TV as these days they generally have quite long shelf lives.